Friday, April 11, 2008

step one

i appear to have finished tabbing my teacher's version of fireball mail. i have even played it without looking at my paper. slowly. and not always perfectly. but i tabbed it. and i played it. all the way through. all by myself!

i'm not really good enough to be proud of myself. and i wish my banjo sounded more orange and less blue. more twangy and less watery. but i played one version of earl scruggs' fireball mail all the way through, all by myself.

in the end, i didn't really use the vid or the pre-made tabs i found in my 26 favorite banjo songs book since they didn't match what my teacher was playing. somehow doing it by ear and using my scraps of memory was .. i don't know if easier is the right word, but ... easier.

some day i want to be this guy:



i have a banjo. all i need are skills and a porch swing.

No comments: