Monday, May 11, 2009

Spirit quest

I've been squeezing the research of this and that into what few spare hours I can scrape together amidst the general ugliness that May has been so far.

My poor parents have had more than an earful of my particular malady brought on by the inevitable beginnings of The Change of One's Life Direction. To be honest though, I think they derive some slight pleasure from my overly frequent phone calls begging advice. Is that not meant to be one of the Joys of Parenting? Particularly when it coincides with Advancement in Age?

All I know is, my past self did a good job on insisting I carve out a few weeks in Iceland this summer. Time enough for something of a spirit quest to my magnetic north. I couldn't need it more. Iceland, my love, we shall no longer be estranged.

No comments: