Sunday, October 10, 2010

Not overly brief recap.

I can't say I've been living under a rock the past few weeks. It's more like I've been spread out in an even film over a wide area, kind of like an electron cloud.

  • I finally went to Yoshi's.

  • I took in my banjo teacher's band's bluegrass / Irish trad show at the Starry Plough.

  • I dressed up in a lengha, carried a lei and threw flower petals to help marry my cousin to his wife.

  • There have been fully two Shakespeare plays at that glorious outdoor theatre in Orinda. Both Macbeth and Much Ado About Nothing.

  • The Tallest Man on Earth was brilliant. Brilliant and fantastically Swedish.

  • I counted birds at in a salt marsh.

  • I toured a water treatment plant.

  • There was a greywater forum at the East Bay Municipal Utilities District. (Speaking of greywater, I have been made to understand how to install certain simple greywater plumbings).

  • There was the making of membrillo.

  • Aida in AT&T Park.

  • The Big Lebowski in that wonderful bastion of hipsterdom, Dolores Park.

  • There has been regular salsa dancing.

  • There have been and will continue to be house warming parties.

  • Multiple trips to Botanical Gardens and various collections of trees are causing me to expound on the identifying characteristics of our arborescent brethren.

  • I am having another go at a little garden upstairs, this time with three boxes and a couple more big pots.


Mostly though when I think about how great things are right now (including even the thought of grad school applications, amazingly) I am just taken aback by the magical appearance of Matt on that street corner as arranged by our friend Sarah. I am secretly and terrifyingly living almost precisely the life I would have wanted or that I thought about before I decided it was best not to think about such things.

1 comment: