Monday, February 25, 2008

High on Life


Dude, I have always wanted to be a rockstar.


So so happy with band practice/recording party. Kind of blown away, actually. I've been listening to this first batch of songs on a loop all day and can't get enough. When this band was just a concept around this time a year ago, I never would have imagined I would be in a band that actually sounded like an ocean of drunken pirates. This is, like, my dream. I am filled past the brim with love for the magic that happens when we're together. And love for the band itself. And I love that that comes across in these recordings. I can finally hear us.

And the reaction seems positive so far. Really positive. With multiple exclamation points and capital letters. Even to the live stuff. Especially to the live stuff.

Talking with Steven today, we were saying it's like things have clicked, like it all makes sense. I could honestly drop everything for this band. I don't want to miss any of this.

1 comment:

Ciana said...

why DON'T we drop everything for the band? how come most of us rockstars happen to work/have worked at successful internet companies or accounting firms? i am about ready to throw in the towel of practicality in exchange for the leopard thong of rockstardom.