Sunday, February 3, 2008

Reality

I have been avoiding it. Lately more than usual.

I was talking to someone about real things a bit ago. Probably my father. About this search for real things. Real food and real sounds, acoustic instruments and clothes I made myself.

Or, the elusive human connection. Some people are better at that than I am. Better at making the connection between ideas and participation.

If I am impressed by a bakery, I want to learn to bake bread. Not make a sandwich. Sandwiches are a different conversation all together. You must start at the beginning.

I haven't had many ideas in the past few days. I can still follow movie plots, but anything more concrete is difficult. I said before - one piece of information at a time and no decisions.

It is an odd sensation to be very much on your way and then suddenly and completely lost.

I remember a few things. Maybe I will list them:
1. I am supposed to follow after -- (to be present in one's skin).
2. There are a few matters of business that need taking care of including: the acquisition of a Chinese visa, the receiving of shots for visiting the same, the division of a plan for how to pay off a credit card bill with so many airfares on it, the tidying of one's apartment before one's bandmates arrive, &c.
3. It is generally recommended that one eat every day.
4. An object in motion stays in motion.
5. I am meant to select a future. Preferably soon.

No comments: