Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Meant to be

My manager mentioned yesterday that I may as well work from home today, but I needed to collect Emilio, my first-rate work companion and pet goldfish, so that he wouldn't starve over Thanksgiving of all holidays.

So I take the shuttle in to work, print out my boarding pass for tomorrow, do a bitty bit of work and then catch the 11:30 shuttle back to San Francisco.

I'm not very good at shopping unless I know what I'm looking for, but there were these plates at Anthropologie that I've been eyeing and and lusting after. So, having noticed that Urban Outfitters was doing a free shipping promo for the holidays, naturally I went to check the Anthropologie website, but they're only doing free shipping on orders over $200. Not helpful, but the more alarming thing was that the plates I've been dreaming about were nowhere to be found.

And then there I was in San Francisco in the middle of the day, during prime shopping hours. Emilio and I walked along the Embarcadero and down Market until we found ourselves in front of Anthropologie. And then we were standing in front of huge stacks of the most beautiful beautiful plates, but not only that! They were on sale! 66% off!! Only $3.95! It was a sign! When fate makes its intentions known, you simply can't disobey, so six green flowery plates and a lovely red mug came home with me. Emilio and I are highly pleased. I should take him shopping with me more often.

And, now that I am fully stocked with plates, you'll need to come over for dinner.

1 comment:

Ciana said...

please write this as a short story: The Day I Took My Pet Goldfish Shopping. it's too marvelous to handle! you, a goldfish, and shopping for flowery plates along the embarcadero in san francisco!!! i love this imagery.