Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lasts

Later today, I shall be denuded of my work-issue laptop, so this is to be the last blog post written on shuttle wireless.

I've been wandering around these past few weeks trying to absorb what I can of what the past three years have been. I do think I've learned a lot. More about Silicon Valley, technology and big business that I had ever intended to know, but a fair bit about me too. I've appreciated building reading or relaxing time into my morning. I think I'd like to keep that.

I see people, like my favorite shuttle drivers, and want to tell them this is it, good bye, but then I don't because I like the idea that the future in their heads still has me in it.

I am a little nervous knowing that the check I get today will be the last for a long time, but all in all, I feel good about things. This feels like the right time to go. My work here is done.

Alright, I'm off for my last breakfast, the transitioning of the last few things, my last lunch, my last goodbyes, my exit interview, and then The Future.

1 comment:

Ciana said...

félicitations! p.s. i really appreciate your use of the word "denuded."