Monday, August 4, 2008

Many happy returns

One of my favorite things about August is the fact that it has so many other people's birthdays in it. Today, for example, is my lovely friend John's birthday. John is one of my most favorite, top special, best best people that I have met or ever will meet. He is a paragon of charm, sweetness and chivalry. And on a day like today I feel lucky that I can pull my phone out of my pocket to ring him up.

There are many things I am meant to have done before tomorrow morning, but I am happy for the moment absorbing the pleasantness of an evening of banjo lessons followed by a dinner cooked to sea chanteys and a chat with John. If anyone can bring a smile to your face, he's the one.

So, a happy birthday to you, John. I wish you many happy returns of the day.

No comments: