Saturday, August 16, 2008

shoe lust

So, the original hope here was that by collecting all these pretty shoe pictures. I'd satisfy my shoe-lust.

This never used to be a problem. I would dress myself down to my ankles and then slip into some black Converse.

I'd heard about people being into shoes. And whatever it is, I've got it bad.


Børn. Keynes.
See now. This was one of my original ideas. I saw a girl wearing gold shoes in the kitchen at work, and I thought to myself, I need silver shoes. Something about that metallic surface makes it look like you're walking on clouds. And I think about that every time I wear my silver shoes. Yes, I have two pairs of silver shoes already. But these will be soooo much more comfortable and will prob not fall apart after just a couple months. And I found them on sale! In my size! Time is of the essence! I must buy them!


Aldo. Komura.
I discovered Aldo shoes wandering around San Francisco with my sister on our birthday shopping mission. Maybe it was for the best that we were starving and cranky by the time we found this store, but their shoes look fabulous and are so reasonably priced! I swear these are the simple black flats my wardrobe has been craving.


UO. Between the Lines Oxford.
Urban Outfitters makes these so cheap, I just have to have them. These would totally be a wardrobe staple.


Keds. Greta.
And these too. They look so comfortable. And they still have my size even though they came out months and months ago. It's a sign!


Børn. Eliza.
And of course these. Aren't they just darling?


Frye. Laney Button.
And then these. How cute are these?? How much better of a person would I be if I was wearing these? And they just Look well made. Just look at them.


Made By Elves. Lennon Skimmer.
I'm not fully convinced these are girls' shoes, but who cares? Do they not remind you of the Beatles? Do you not want to be reminded of the Beatles when you look at your feet? You do. You really do.


Oak Tree Farms. Catherine.
I hadn't planned to be a Victorian school marm, but but but...


Oak Tree Farms. Veil.
I don't even like heels, but I need these boots. These are the boots you would dream about as you wandered the prairies in the 1800s. And for not even that much money, you could have them on your feet!


Oak Tree Farms. Sonora.
Oh my god. I desperately need cowboy boots.


(Unmarked).
And now I can look at allllll of these all together.


Justin. Vintage Goatskin.
Just look at the texture on these. I promise you I would wear them with Everything.


Lucchese. Mad Dog Goat Skin.
And these. Everyone on Zappos says Lucchese boots are the best ever. So comfortable! So good looking!


Lucchese. Mad Dog Goat Skin in Tan.
And the more I look, the more beautiful, beautiful cowboy boots I find.


Lucchese, Mad Dog Goat Skin in Peanut.
Or in a reddish brown..


Old Gringo. Villa.
I love that distressed look. And the way the brown almost looks purpley.


Old Gringo. Virdiana.
Look at that detail. I know I don't need all of these almost identical boots, but pretty please can I have just one pair??


Frye. Fiona Ankle.
And then of course once you start looking at boots, you see other kinds of boots that you also need. I love how the black stitching connecting the top with the body of the boot makes them look both rag doll-y and modern.


Ugg. Adirondack.
I know Uggs have gotten to that point where everybody has them and now that they're permanently associated with ridiculous sorority girls who insist on wearing sheepskin lined boots in hot climates, they're totally uncool. But these are different Uggs! Look how cuddly they are! I need these! These are clearly what people wear when they farm in Iceland.

Sigh.

Maybe we should put it to a vote.

1 comment:

Ciana said...

it must be said: this is the longest post about shoes i could have ever expected you to write! and i loved every second of it. especially the oak tree farms tidbits...i am exactly right there with you!