Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Shuffle

So, there's another lil shuffle going on at work. They make jokes about how this happens all the time at the goog, but like dude.

Now, normally I'd be four square against it at least for my own sake. Since shuffle-shuffle usually means I get yanked from all my fave projects and tossed out into the abyss to fend for myself. Only, these last couple of times, esp. this time, my job is getting infinitely more awesome.

I suppose it helped going into it not really concerned one way or the other since I think I've proved myself good enough this quarter that they'd be crazy not to promote me. I've been a total rockstar, I don't even have to say so myself. I mean, it's because I'm much better at doing like organizational big picture stuff than the painful nitty gritty of "core work."

Anyway. The trick now is not to look too happy at work, I guess. Since this is totally a tough time for most peeps regardless of what this change will mean for them. It is true though what they say that we really have all been awesome lately. I am very proud of us. I know that this is something we need to do and I know it'll make things harder for some people than others - thankfully not me this time - but it'll be all for the best.

My biggest concern now is that I may actually start to enjoy my job. Fear of all fears. Other wicked thoughts entering my mind: the default visa time period for living in Europe is only three months. This also happens to be the amount of time I'm allowed to play hooky from work without having to quit. Not worrying about those kinds of decisions yet though.

Lest you, dear reader, become too afraid for my future, you should know that listening to Black Rebel Motorcycle Club on an infinite loop also makes me want desperately to become a full time musician as of like yesterday. I have even been contemplating learning to play the *gasp* guitar. The guitar. Moi. This thought even got so far as to lining up in my head the friends of mine who already have skills in this general area as well as toeing the possibility of paying Emery at the 5th String to learn me some things. And considering whether my parents might not just have a spare guitar that could move in with me.



Rock N Roll, man!!

No comments: