Friday, March 19, 2010

Peachy keen

I believe I had something like a good dream last night. At long, long last! For all my science-mindedness, I do give a certain weight to dreams as windows into my subconscious, and this one was pretty dang good.

I couldn't say what the plot was, but it involved my brother and four or five of his friends walking through the college campus near our house, which was also supposed to be my high school, where I was to be in a fashion show that was to be a fund raiser for some worthy cause. And the set up of the fashion show would have been pretty cool, with the models walking out on the kind of palatial balcony Jasmine has in Aladdin (or would have, if I'm remembering it incorrectly). Then there were tables upon tables of fancily dressed patrons watching us from a beautiful courtyard below with little pools and giant potted plants and long table cloths. The fashion show was supposed to be girls from my high school. And I had a lovely dress I was to model, but we ran out of time just before I was to go on stage. A girl from my grade school was chatting with my Brit lit teacher from junior year in a well lit but dark-wooded office-library. And there was a Swede with longish blond hair, blue eyes and a fabulous accent that I think was supposed to be my man-friend. I never get to have man-friends in my dreams!

God, and today sitting out in the park in the sun reading about gel electrophoresis and drawing floral patterns for my flashcards, it was heaven. Even the warm breeze on the bike ride to the book shop and the grocery store was so soft. Delicious. I can't believe it's still technically winter. So much more good weather and sunlight to soak up. Life is good.

No comments: