Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Long days

It's true, I did go square dancing last Wednesday on my night off from Spanish. I wasn't exactly planning to square dance. In my head I was just going To a square dance. At which I would hear my banjo teacher's band play. And maybe there would be people moving around. Except that then I also danced. And it was Great. I really am getting all countrified by this banjo playing. This is one of the benefits of not getting enough sleep to think of reasons why you might not want to square dance. Because actually it's fun and you should want to do it.

But the amount of time I have for other fun things is getting squeezed again. I am trying to be on my better behavior after being yelled at over and over at work for not doing more than is humanly possible to do in 40 hours per week. And I object to being accused of having poor time management skills because I am not able to do in 40 hours what I couldn't do in 60. And yet, I find myself working longer hours because I dislike being the slacker. Sigh. Internal conflict.

Plus, I discovered today that one of my favorite coworkers was laid off! This is tragic because 1. he is one of my favorites 2. his job totally wasn't redundant like they said the jobs they cut were 3. he really enjoyed his job 4. there are others of us who would have been more amenable to being laid off. I am hoping for him though that he gets this new spot he's working on lining up.

Also in good things, I got to see my sister's play this weekend! In which my brother also played the music. And the English teacher, who was in charge of guitar playing, also smashed a guitar onstage! During halftime, I helped sell snacks for the Band Booster club to raise money for band uniforms and we raised fully enough money for a whole uniform just about! (They are Expensive). And being in LA also meant I got to see John for very nearly the entirety of Sunday, which made up for my flight being delayed just enough so that BART was closed by the time my plane landed and I of course had to get the one taxi whose credit card swiper broke earlier that day when I had no cash and he got to charge me extra to wait while I got cash to make up for his broken machine, but I made it home in one piece, so there's that.

This whole idea of me being particularly fond of a boy who is particularly fond of me I still find pretty odd, but I suppose I can deal with odd.

1 comment:

Ciana said...

you know, being "country-fied" seems a lot cooler when YOU are the one it's happening to! we all have a little piece of our heart that <3 country stuff, i think. (the good kind though, not the bad kind...)