Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Escaping the house

Took a little me-time today to bake zucchini bread and email the folks at UC Davis and Cal Poly Pomona, and the Ecology people at Davis got back to me within the hour! Bless them! The one faculty dude pointed me to the new dept head and a couple professors whose research interests might be up my alley. These are the #2 ranked people in the country for this stuff, and they are talking to me! I am going to escape to the park to celebrate by reading about soil and plant diseases while eating hummus to pump up my iron so I can donate blood at the Red Cross tomorrow. I even made myself an appointment.

1 comment:

Ciana said...

you don't even know how excited i am about the prospect of you and davis, happily bound together in academia. then all my favorite people would be forced to stay local for the next 5 years! YES!