Saturday, December 19, 2009

All in due time

Thinking about love today. And what-all it means. I used to think love should be easy. And I know I'm the first to want to run away. But maybe there is something to the magnetism of mixed tears. Maybe it's better not always to be in charge. Maybe it's better not always to get what you want or to be not always right. Maybe by giving up a few things you can make something bigger than yourself.

Last night's conversation turned lightly to dowries. What would you want to love someone forever? Fifteen white horses? A fancy yacht? Diamonds? A rural estate with a greenhouse and dark room? A cabin? An island in the Mediterranean? Without thinking, I came out with - good intentions. I just don't think fifteen horses would be much without that, and, even then, the horses would just be icing on the cake.

No comments: