Saturday, December 19, 2009

Results are in

Score one for Kaiser Permanente today. I've already gotten back results from this morning's lab tests, and wouldn't you know I was indeed shy of the normal range for hemoglobin, even for a girl. Coming close on hemocrit too, which I think is good news. Good news because what I suspect it means is that I should start feeling a lot better after a few days of pairing my iron vitamins with clementines. Not a bad prescription, if I may say so myself.

But just think! Maybe all I have to do when I get the wobbly water legs, the shaky hand, and the inexplicable malaise is eat citrus with a spoonful of molasses. Seems like as good an excuse as any to bake gingerbread, no? I still suspect it wouldn't hurt to throw in a cup of cottage cheese for good measure. It's a wonder how much easier it is to make the most of your day when it doesn't feel like you're walking through sand.

I also traded in my old doctor for a new one who looks like she'll be a thousand and one times better than my old one, who I did not like at all. And still in walking distance of my apartment.

2 comments:

Ciana said...

what is this icky sounding medical thing, my friend??? i leave for just a few days and you are sick!!! anything i can do to help? are you getting taken care of???

myrkur ljos said...

Yes yes. This is nothing urgent, I don't think. Just a confirmation of my mother's long time suspicions and a fascinating revelation that should be relatively easy to take care of. I think what it means is that when I'm having a bad day and feel ungood in the usual way, I should treat myself to some red meat and maybe one of my iron vitamins. As long as I'm eligible to donate to the Red Cross, we can assume I am healthy.