Thursday, December 31, 2009

All of a sudden it is the last day of 2009.

It has been a year to remember, at least. I got some good stretching in. For example, the learning of Spanish, the farming in Iceland, the escape from Google, the meandering about Paris with a lover, the pretty successful complete switching of career tracks.

For all the things that have happened this year. For all the things I've done, I think it's those walks along the Seine or the beach at Coronado or the car rides to it doesn't matter where with John's fingers tangled up in mine that are my proudest bit of this year. Falling in love with him was the bravest, most dangerous, most terrifying and probably best thing I've ever done.

I've spent probably too much time trying to understand what it all means, but today I don't want any answers. Today I just want to know that it happened, and that I was there.

No comments: