Monday, December 7, 2009

Mid finals crunch

Papers are being written, projects are being constructed, exam material is being reviewed.

I am looking forward to an art-filled winter break, but am also pleased with how much I've absorbed over the past few months. Considering I knew next to nothing about plants when I started - other than that mine seem to like the amount of water I give them - I am pretty pleased with how this semester has gone. Even if I don't use this info professionally, I'm glad to have studied it. I'm feeling pretty decent about grad school, even.

It would be cool to find a way to make art about plants. So far I've been trying to up the creativity of my school projects. My restoration plant journal was called out Sunday as the most beautiful thing the prof had ever seen (plant journal-wise) since she started teaching the class. And it wasn't that it was pretty, but that I wanted to make it useful for me, which she picked up on. I wanted it to be something I liked, not just a bit of stuff I had to do for a class once. When I get it back, I want to add more to it.

I feel like I haven't seen anyone in ages, but solitary as it's been, I feel my time has been well spent. The transition from 60+ hour work weeks to student freedom has gone well. I just need to learn better how to allow myself to have free time I feel good about.

It feels good to be thinking and have ideas for the future again.

No comments: