Wednesday, December 3, 2008

baby quilt - check

So this is the reason I have been getting rusty on the banjo and taking a long time to return emails:


From the back:



And here's the man himself:


After a November of renting vids from Reel and hunkering down in my few hours at home, it is finally done! I have now outed myself as a "quilter" to my extended family as I worked on it between dinner and dessert on Thanksgiving. It's hard to tell whether people are being polite or whether they actually might want one of these things. If there's actually a demand for them, I might even be able to use a machine to make them.

Usually by the time I'm about half way through, I think of how I could do it better next time, or I think about how I'm making it simpler than I'd originally planned, so it's nice to have somewhere for these things to go since I already have a bunch on my bed and in the closet.

Now I'm in that lull that comes after the completion of some big project, fantasizing about other big blanket-shaped projects I could start, but I want to try to work on this banjo thing. And learning Icelandic. And clearing my apt of anything I don't like enough to keep in storage when I make it to Iceland.

1 comment:

Ciana said...

this is so amazingly beautiful! job well done :)