Monday, December 8, 2008

Going under the drill

I am feeling muddled about this morning's "follow up" dentist visit.

There has been something curious going on with two of my teeth - nothing too painful - but it appears that two of my teeth were too tall and so I have in fact been chipping bits of them off along the gumline over the past 15 years or so because the "neck" of the tooth is apparently the most flexible.

So, I had them paint a little something on the chipped bits, which they insist on calling a "filling," and they did some occlusal something or other to make my teeth all more or less the same height, which should prevent me chipping them off more.

And that's good, right? Only I liked not having "fillings" in my teeth. I liked having my real teeth, which I still have, except now they feel different. Well, two of them do. I can feel the resin paint, and I miss feeling my shiny smooth teeth. Sigh.

They do look normal though, and my bite does feel more even. So, I suppose if this keeps things from getting worse later, it is a net positive. I just don't like the idea of them sanding off my perfectly good tooth parts to make the resin paint stick, and I want my one tooth to feel less like a brick on the outside - which is partially my fault because I didn't notice it felt like a brick while I was still there.

Anyway, trying to have happy thoughts.

1 comment:

Ciana said...

bon courage avec les dents! i feel that pain: my wisdom teeth are coming in! at 25.5 years of age!! hopefully there is room for them there, as i no longer have dental insurance...