Monday, January 12, 2009

More news from nowhere

I have made the most amazing and terrible discoveries (in order of discovery):

1. Television on the internet.
People always bring this up when I tell them I don't have a tv and therefore have never seen such and such must see show they are talking about. My sister has even demonstrated it for me as we watched episodes of Grey's Anatomy as "homework" for her premed studies. But, Television On The Internet! I watched all two full episodes of Eli Stone last night and am craving more more more.

2. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.
I have Nick Cave songs. I have had Nick Cave songs for a long time. I even listen to them. But today as I was streaming KEXP through my iTunes, they played "Red Hand Right" and I think I am in love. Nick Cave might be the best thing ever. How did I not realize this before?

3. Using the internet from my bed.
I never even tried this before, but hanging off the end of my bed to keep pressing play through two episodes of Eli Stone sparked some bit of genius in my brain, and upon some further investigation it turns out the cables attached to my little modem Are In Fact Long Enough To Reach My Bed. I am in utter shock that I have been using the internet from my desk exclusively for the past three years. I am a changed woman. Oh the luxury and justice of using the internet from the comfort of my bed!

This could be a dangerous combination. Except for Nick Cave. Nothing bad about that.

1 comment:

Ciana said...

i am so happy you've discovered bed-internet! can't fathom life without this ultimate luxury...