Wednesday, January 7, 2009

College applicant

Not only did I search the interwebs for Spanish classes today, I found the most perfect one through Berkeley City College - on the UCB campus, no less - Mondays and Wednesdays from 630-930pm, AND I applied to the Peralta Community Colleges so I can enroll. If only all college applications were that easy. With any luck, I will be accepted by tomorrow and there'll still be a spot left in this Spanish class.

I have also made contact with the SF Botanical Garden folks about getting my volunteer on. According to their volunteer coordinator guy, they do indeed take garden volunteers for weekend help. All I need to do is fill out their application and hope they accept me. I calculated this morning that if I can volunteer for five hours every other weekend, I'll have enough time under my belt to apply to the Peace Corps in just three months.

I even studied my Icelandic this morning. And confirmed that I can in fact still take 3 months of unpaid leave from work and be covered by health/dental insurance.

How proud of me are you??

No comments: