Tuesday, January 6, 2009

PROFESSIONAL

I thought you would like to know that I am now a professional musician.


I almost always have to wait about ten minutes to catch the BART home after my banjo lessons and usually I wander down to the far end of the station and play quietly to myself, but the Fremont trains always have just three cars, so today I plopped myself down right in the middle and started playing to pass the time. Usually I keep my case closed to keep it out of the way, but it was mentioned to me that I should leave it open with a dollar and some coins lying there suggestively. That would be going too far, but I figured it wouldn't hurt anyone if I just didn't happen to close the case back up after taking the banjo out.

And wouldn't you know that a crumpled piece of paper fell just beside me during the middle of Salt Creek. Adrenaline! I very nearly bungled the song and couldn't bear to look at what the mystery paper was or even make eye contact with the stranger who dropped it, but there it was when I went to pack up! One whole dollar! And without knowing who it was that contributed to my musicianhood, it was almost like everyone had. My public loves me, and I love them back!

I need to find a dollar-shaped frame so I can put this on my wall!

1 comment:

Ciana said...

this is genius! congratulations on the inception of a long and glorious banjo/musical career! WHOOOO!