Friday, January 2, 2009

Greeting cards, take one


I made some of these for my mom for Christmas, since I was a little late getting started with the Christmas cards she asked for. I was still cardless as of the morning of 12/24, but I managed to carve the design and print twenty of these babies in just a few hours. Not too shabby for a first attempt, granted I got the paper and envelopes premade from the art store.

Anyway, she liked them so much that she ordered ten more for me to send to my aunt in Colorado, so it looks like I'll be making another trip to the post office.

**Credit is also due to my dad for remembering that my mom loves poppies and Laura for explaining over and over how to lock the door to her bedroom/my workshop so as to preserve the Christmas surprise factor. Twenty-seventh time's a charm!

No comments: