Monday, February 9, 2009

Other good things

I almost forgot.

I noticed as I was about to run out the door this morning that my cardboard palm that I've had for years is putting out its first new frond. There is a fuzzy little baby arm growing out of the little bulb and my hyacinth bulbs seem to be doing ok too. But you don't understand - I love that little cardboard palm and have been worrying about its wellbeing since I brought it home, and for the first time it might be happy!

And not only that. I discovered (as I was listening to All You Do Is Talk for the tenth or eleventh time) that Black Rebel Motorcycle Club released a new album last November that even Jared had never heard about. They call it The Effects of 333. If I hadn't forgotten my wallet at home today (I am traveling on five borrowed dollars), I would be listening to it right now. Having one's credit card stolen and subsequently forgetting the wallet that contains one's not yet memorized new credit card number is inconvenient at times like these. But, new music! Very exciting.

2 comments:

Ciana said...

happiest post re: wallet getting stolen ever! hope that it all gets worked out :)

myrkur ljos said...

well my wallet wasn't actually stolen, just my credit card number. but the new credit card was in my wallet, which i forgot at home, and since the new credit card has a new number which i have not managed to memorize in the past week, i had to wait till i got home to buy things, but waiting to buy things is all for the best, i suppose.