Saturday, February 7, 2009

Taking a breather

I may have overdosed on Spanish and busy-ness in general. I am tired and I miss Iceland. I took a look at the Iceland WWOOF places again, and maybe I'll still try to get in a little farming after all. Harvesting rhubarb and tending sheep sounds really nice right now.

This has been the longest week. Doing it all again Monday sounds much too soon, but at least I get to work from home Friday and then treat myself to a three day weekend in San Diego/Escondido to visit John and his new home. At least there's that.

Until then, I've got some tomato fennel bread dough rising, Spanish homework to finish up, errands to run, and banjo songs to learn. Getting home between 930 and 11 each night only to get up again at 6 makes me want to do nothing but watch television in bed on my laptop. Although spending 5 hours of a Saturday learning about plants sounds nice too. And that will start soon enough.

No comments: