Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wobbly

I suspect that I may never have been busier than I am these days. I may have reached just about the maximum number of things I am able to keep up with simultaneously.

The bluegrass band is starting up again and I am to perfect this new song Blackberry Blossom to where I can play it flawlessly in two weeks. Only now I'm the thorn in the side of our practices because I need to be constantly attempting to train my Indian compatriots for the launches I'm trying to keep up with, which is slightly less crazy now that my coworker is back, but also slightly more crazy now that she is back because I get to resume learning all the new things she was to teach me. My tactic of not-scheduling chat time with my manager has been a relief, but can only be kept up so long before it starts to reflect negatively on one's performance.

And I haven't failed out of Spanish yet, but I do have another oral exam next Wednesday, one week from today. I am to tell a love story demonstrating my command of the preterite and imperfect tenses. Willy, the professor, recommends telling a true story because they're easier to remember, so I will need to sift through my uneventful past to translate some bit of it into Spanish. Ideally I'd tell a funny story, but all that comes to mind is death and darkness. There MUST be something funny. I will think harder.

My brain is kind of throbbing just thinking about thinking. And if it's like this now, what will it be like when I have more band practices and weekends at the Botanical Garden and attempt to bike out to farms on Saturdays? Mmmmaybe I signed up for too much, but isn't it a tiny bit cute of me to be so optimistic about what I can do and simultaneously too stubborn to ease off? Just a little?

In any case, I will be off to San Diego and the peace and relaxation and loveliness and magic that is John's new house on Friday, which feels like an eternity from now.

And I'm booked at least 26 hours a day until then.

No comments: