Monday, November 16, 2009

Academic bliss

We did our arboriculture presentation (read: skit) today during which I had four costume changes in about 75 seconds, one group member shuffled around in a bucket as a tree waiting to be planted and another girl dressed up like our prof, all the way down to her rattail braid. And can I just say, the class Ate It Up.

The prof wants us to go on tour and is going to mail us dates of the next couple San Francisco Urban Forestry Council meetings to see if we can get ourselves on the agenda. It could be public humiliation, but I'm down!

And not only that. I ran into my soils prof this morning, and he stopped me to say that I got the best grade on our last test. Booyah! He asked what my background was in, and I gave my proudest, Celtic Studies and Linguistics. Thank you, he said. My test was a joy to read.

Needless to say, I'm feeling a needed smidgeon puffed up. I even biked the ten miles home after class without feeling resentful about the bus pass fiasco.

So, thank you to the forces that timed things just so. I needed a lift.

No comments: