Tuesday, November 17, 2009

On a roll

Awesome biotech lecture in my Plant Disease class this morning, which would have been great on its own (we talked about the tradeoffs of genetic engineering) but the woman who gave it is a researcher with the USDA, which it turns out has a giant field station in Albany. Determined to get the absolute most of this idyllic return to studenthood, I stayed a bit after class to chat her up, and she's totally down to hook me up. She says the USDA totally takes lab volunteers and may even have spots for summer internships With Stipends that I may even be eligible for as a full time student. I am to email her to one day have lunch with her and my soils prof (her husband) to talk about how to get into careers in science!

I am feeling excited about science and the future! Woohoo!

1 comment: