Sunday, November 22, 2009

Quickly

Arrangements have been made to meet up at the USDA the Wednesday after T-giving. Pleased about that.

Buttermilk biscuits with greens and corn-cherry scones have been baked, potato-sunchoke-nettle soup and a new batch of vegetable broth have been made, and rice is on for tonight's thai basil eggplant with tofu.

I was rejected by the Red Cross for having too little iron on Thursday. I'm usually close, but I've always squeaked by in the past. This time I was way off, so I took it as a sign that I should indeed take my bus buddy up on his suggestion that we go out for sushi after class since I'd been wanting raw salmon and he was wanting to break his 8 year vegan fast with fish. We did well for ourselves. I have four weeks to pump enough iron into my blood to make a pint of it desirable to the Red Cross, which will probably mean increased consumption of meat or at least fish.

Looking forward to socal for Thanksgiving, which we're hosting this year. I'm in charge of the requisite Swedish Coffee Cake, and may take on mashed potatoes and one version of cranberry sauce, since my mother insists that there be two.

With any luck, next week will also fit a quick visit to John's, the viewing of The Fantastic Mr. Fox (!!!), a family game of pick up soccer, and a date with Maggie to our 10 year hs reunion. Good things, all.

Feeling a bitty bit overwhelmed by all the things that I have to do, should do, and would like to do, though.

1 comment:

Titanic said...

Written by the author are some of daily life, feeling quite warm, Oh, reminds me of the time to eat mashed potatoes, good taste.