Tuesday, April 28, 2009

eleven hours

another dream.
this time, driving in culver city with my dad and sisters. we are younger. we pass a market labeled 'farmers market' with a few carts of fresh produce out front. they have cherries. we go in the store and i'm sure they had sugar cane, like lopez ranch used to. we wander the aisles looking for our own particular things. i have my small bundle. just in front of the counter with the cash register there is a band. they are playing 'take me in a life boat.' my family is ready to go, but i want to stay for the music. i want to sing. i know the harmony.
later, i'm in a house on the side of a hill above a lake. i don't recall seeing the lake, but i know it's there. it's not my house, but i am there for the time being. there are lots of things in it - lots of couches and tables covered in photographs and old things. leah and naeomi come with fig. i get to meet fig. except that fig is a boy this time. they bring coins. british coins maybe. i am packing with my back to the kitchen. it's a monday and john is there. doesn't he have to be at work, i ask. it's only the second day of the week. it is ok. still, i have the uneasy feeling.
---
i slept eleven hours last night, i think. i took the early shuttle home, biked through the park, stopped to eat my scavenged dinner, biked to class, washed my hands, walked almost to the door, but my classmates were streaming out. class is cancelled, they said. i biked home. i was so tired. so, so tired. i parked my bike in the kitchen, sat down at my desk to take off my shoes and couldn't move. stared at my feet for 15 minutes or so, then moved to the bed. let me just sit here for a bit, i thought. under the covers. i woke up at ten to brush my teeth and change out of my coat and passed out again until my alarm went off this morning.

No comments: