Friday, April 17, 2009

On the secret life of plants

I read this book called The Secret Life of Plants a couple of years ago and thought it was pretty hokey. Lots of fake-science that claims that plants can feel their owners emotions from hundreds of miles away or can tell you who committed a crime they witnessed if you hook them up to a lie detector. Silliness.

EXCEPT that my work plants Always get unbelieveably sad when I'm gone. As in like way more pathetic looking than they could with the same neglect while I'm there admiring them. My fern almost died over Thanksgiving one year, for example, and two of my current plants are looking pretty grave. So grave that my usually plant-oblivious coworkers took pity on them and moved them closer to the light.

So, what does science have to say about That?

No comments: