Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring resolutions

Just wanted to say I am feeling pleased right now.

I had a long chat with both parents individually last night about work stuff, which was nice. My dad of course had heaps of passionate and impractical advice, which I really appreciate every so often. I love when he gets so worked up that he starts yelling at me that I should be giving sass to my boss. He's a sweetheart, that one.

So, I am going to take a lunch break today. And more often in general. I am going to try again not to be swayed by the manager's inability to accept that I am smart and hardworking. I will do my best not to let his opinion get me down. And I will not compromise my integrity or my personal life to accommodate his management style.

I'm giving it till the end of May.

At which point, things will either be better, or I will farm in Iceland and get myself ready for grad school.

No comments: